The mind-snapping pace of digital innovation makes at least one prediction certain. What the trend -watchers are predicting today, will be totally eclipsed well before this time next year.
Still, here’s our take on the possible shape of the digital, social and experiential landscape in 2011.
1. We’ll see the resolution of the debate over the real impact of 3D TV.
2. Android will bite deeper into Apple’s once impregnable brand fortress.
3. High action games will see no let up. (Call of Duty – Black Ops has already hit $1 Billion in sales since its release late this year.)
4. Too cool for school graphic design will be refined in line with the demand for uncomplicated useability.
6. Competing technology will rapidly approach parity; creating the demand for even smarter brand thinking.
7. Smaller closed, or far more selective, social networks will play a far bigger part in the lives of key influencers.
8. Expect far stricter controls and compliance protocols – especially in the mobile area.
9. Twitter will gain an even louder brand voice, as it pursues the dream of reaching Facebook’s figure of 1 Billion users.
10. More brands will create their own social enterprise sites to maintain corporate integrity and confidentiality.
Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Media Year.